View Single Post
Old 10-16-2018, 10:59 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
Not sure why I'm a sucker for punishment, but I love resurrecting stuff like this.
Emerikol, did you sign the divorce papers over this bike?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkrider View Post
Almost wonder if there wouldnt be a set of forks from a newer bike that could be adapted to this. Not only for easier to service parts but to gain a disk brake.
Weld, no divorce papers will be forthcoming. You see, the Missus and I have a really nice setup. We each have high yield savings accounts (Synchrony is the best in the business right now, with 1.85% APY, in case anyone cares), and each week we automatically have money transferred from our bank to the savings accounts. What we do with that money is completely up to us, and the other spouse can't say anything about it. This bike was purchased for a whopping $100 out of my account. Anything I need to purchase for it will also have to come out of my account, but when it finally hits the road, the insurance and registration will just be a household expense because it's a usable vehicle. Let me tell you guys what a brilliant idea having an account like that is. It allows us to do things we want without having to worry about arguments starting. The only thing the Missus has said about this new bike (and in her defense, it's perfectly fair) is that it's taking up space in our already very cramped garage. That's going to be fixed soon too, though. We are working with a builder and we're about to start building our new house out here in Arizona.

DarkRider, I am going to try to keep everything as original as I can. For the type of riding I'll be doing, and with modern drum brake friction material, I'm fully confident that the drums will be just fine. The biggest obstacle is going to be breaking everything down into it's component form, and then cleaning inventorying, and reassembling everything. There's already a whole bunch of things that will need attention, mostly revolving around the engine internals.

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 - SOLD
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up