View Single Post
Old 04-16-2008, 11:18 AM   #18

Tokerev

Tokarev,
I got the Fender from Motorcycle Superstore , great people there , extremely fast shipping. I think its off a 1996 KX 125 if I remember right ? I could look it up if you need, just ask me . Bolts right up, no messing around with it whatsoever . It is good quality UFO Plastic , the real stuff .
I am so lazy, but my smogs going away too and carb soon , but I have alot of bikes I am messing with currently, just never got to it.
Since your here reading this, I want to personally tell you how nice your bikes look !!! I have to say I like the one that is stock better than yours, but I also think the Air-Dams are there for good reason, to grab air for the Motor and they do work that way , I have put my hand there at 50 mph and it blows good air at the motor . Trail riding you probably don't need it, but speed racer stuff, you do .
Your right about the 400 or 500 fitting tough , never entered my mind on one of these Perimeter framed bikes. They are a drag to work on compaired to Traditional, but man they are strong, no flex at all.
I remember uncrating this beast, throwing the front fender out into the yard and stomping on it , first thing. I thought to myself, YOU got to be kidding ? How is this thing ever going to keep the mud off you or your motor ???
They look kinda cool, but mine looks better .

Cheers man, and you must like Russian guns Tokarev ???
Later, kelly5150