View Single Post
Old 10-12-2018, 07:53 AM   #755

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenL View Post
CSC makes this an option to self install, I guess to keep initial price down. It is a simple installation, just CSC's tutorial shows the green module, but it didn't come in my package. When I do the installation, I'll look under the seat and verify that it's already installed.
Today and tonight I was looking closer at the USb thing.
The new 2018 RX3 and RX3s I saw at the shop DO NOT have the green box and there seems to be a new version USB fitting which I almost certainly suspect is 12 volts in and 5 volts at the USB, I bought 1 as well as the Volt meter on the RX3s etc to look at a nicer option for the dash, I can also look at a plug n play type upgrade for the older versions that do have the green box - see how they all work etc.
Both the new RX3 and RX3s we couldn't see the green box - hence I thuink it doesn't need 1 anymore but rather it being direct 12v into it and 5v at the USB

Also fuel tank looked the same but I was told n confirmed it goes lower down in the frame with a different mount/bolted at the front, yet I looked real close at the RX3 and RX3s tank cover and both look to be the same and have the ablitiy to have the RX3s water bottle but it would seem intefers with the access to rad cap.
RX3s and RX4 seat 1 source says they are the same with low or high seat option, yet I saw an early RX4 with same tupe of 2 piece seat as RX3, we also tried the RX3s seat on an RX3 but the airbox and starter solenoid seems to get in the way for a direct fit (Cut and trim?)

Interesting what looks or is the same or possibliy compatible from RX3s to RX3 yet the frame is 100% not the same but some stuff I think crosses over or could with some work modernize the RX3 to apear more like the RX3s or RX4 in some ways.
RX4 had a totally different tank with different covers not like RX3 or RX3s.

I ordered the new version USB and the volt meter/oil light (Might need to see if I can mount oil pressure switch in the small filter cap? so fully functional? Would that have full oil pressure?

Last edited by NzBrakelathes; 10-12-2018 at 08:07 AM. Reason: I seem to ramble on!