View Single Post
Old 10-11-2018, 02:00 PM   #748

[/QUOTE]Next is the 12V/USB kit this afternoon. I'm noticing there is one less part than shows in the tutorial - the resistor that installs under the seat, maybe it's already installed on the 2018. I'll check when I do the installation. Also on tap is my first oil change as I just hit the 200 mile mark.[/QUOTE]

I am surprised your new bike didn't already have the USB and lighter plug.
My understanding is that it is plug n play.
Just remove headlamp and dash, remove the small side bits refit with USB and lighter plug then reinstall and plug them into the harness (plugs should be there)
The green box also should just plug in under the seat/side cover area and all done (plug should be there)

I thought all bikes after mid 2014 (in China at least) all had the USB/Lighter plug.
One thing the USB is only 1 amp output and wont charge the phone while using the phone as a GPS, it is better to use a good 2.1 Amp car lighter charger to be fair.
Modern smart phones actually need a 2.1 amp or more connection to charge and be used at the same time.

My IPhone 6 looses power if I use it as a GPS while plugged into the USB socket so I use a car charger instead.