View Single Post
Old 10-07-2018, 08:58 PM   #4

Thanks, Cheesy, Essayons. I thought the same thing, for $100, it'd be really hard to go wrong. Even if things go completely pear shaped for me, I have no doubt I'll be able to get my money back out of it. Hell, that extra engine may even find its way into the Hawk if something goes BANG inside the stock mill. The fact that it's the larger CL450 was what really sewed it up for me. I don't think I would be this excited about a 350. The 450's are just so much more capable. Doing a little bit of research, it seems like the stock units off the showroom floor were going right out and hitting 104-106mph. That's pretty impressive for the time. As for the way things are now, I'm tying myself up in knots trying to zoom in on the pictures and see what I want to try to get done first. Looking at it, I think that getting the front wheel back on and turning it into a roller is going to be step one. From there I'll probably start going through the engine(s) and make sure there aren't any gremlins with tiny metal hammers turned loose inside there. From there, carbs and ignition to check that things go boom when they're supposed to, and don't go boom when they're not supposed to. I seriously can't wait to get back to Phoenix and go pick this thing up.

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 - SOLD
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up