View Single Post
Old 10-07-2018, 07:34 PM   #745

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvarez View Post
Also, I love this bike. Rides well above its pedigree and price.
Agreed! Not perfect, just readily forgivable. I totaled mine at 770 miles, restored all but a couple tiny dings on the tank, and probably added the price of a new RX3 in accessories and upgrades. Now I'm working on nit-picky improvements money can not buy. Never thought another bike would stimulate such thinking after the customs I've built over the past 54 years. Some of my herd:

2 1976 CB550F, 1 showroom stock, 1 712cc dresser;
4 TW200, 1 a bit tweeked for adventures, 1 major mods for very rough offroad, 1 major mods for adventure, 1 café racer right down to triple discs, Kevlar 17s, 6-speed close ratio, 100+mph easy. Probably world's fastest TW.
3 XR750, mid-'70ish, 2 flat trackers, 1 road racer, all showroom stock
2 Maico 501, 1 showroom stock, 1 fitted with big clutch, almost double stock horsepower, custom 7 gallon tank for desert racing.
3 XL250, 1 showroom stock, 1 bored and stroked in a Redline MX frame with long history of MX and desert wins from the '70s, 1 bored and stroked in Redline dirt track frame.
3 XL350, 1 showroom stock, 1 bored and stroked in a Redline MX frame, replaced Maico 501 racer, 1 bored and stroked in a Redline dirt track frame.
2 SL100, one stock, one bored and stroked XL125 engine with Yoshimura 6-speed and magnesium top end to race 175 flat track.
1 XL 125 bored and stroked to race 175 MX and desert.

I have another 20-25 in the shed. Sadly, I've let a few go, like a 215 aluminum Buick powered Boss Hogg prototype and a CB750F SOHC with a Yoshimura top end, cam, close ratio trans, Mikuni carbs, Rickman road race frame and plastics. Sometimes I do really stupid things.

Never thought a Chinese bike would be as nearly stimulating a specialty build as these.

Will be relocating the tracker next time home.