View Single Post
Old 10-04-2018, 10:11 PM   #742

It's a generic cell/GPS module that you can buy for anything you want to track. Part number XT4550V21100040T, model number is XT4550 or XT4500 series. Apparently they were OEM on Gold Wings in the early 2000s. It has a battery backup and is still running days later. It's not on service, or at least, the lights say it can't connect. It's an old cell technology that is being shut down, and probably doesn't work in my area (1xRTT). I put it on eBay just to see what happens.

Today I swapped in EBC front brake pads, lubed the clutch cable, and installed a kit I got from Tako that lengthens the lever on the engine to make it a longer, softer throw. Between those two things, the clutch is SOOOO soft. Haven't ridden it yet.

And did more degreasing. This thing had no dirt, but lots of grease. It was just a commuter bike in downtown L.A. That will change.

I have a Viper remote cell control and tracker in my Jeep. I can remote start, lock/unlock, and track it. I also get alerts if it moves outside a range from me.

Also, I love this bike. Rides well above its pedigree and price.