View Single Post
Old 10-02-2018, 03:59 PM   #7

Nice lil project there Bruces. Feel free to add any progress you make on yours to this thread.

I have finally determined a plan of attack on mine

After closer inspection it appears it still has the stock front springs with unknown lift springs in the rear. Two ways i can deal with this:

Lift shackles up front to bring it closer to level

Or replace all 4 springs with a known type

There is a third option and that is going to a full replacement lift kit from Zone. However this comes with a gotcha in the form of cheap shocks. So that said i am better off spending the extra pennies and doing option two above and getting some good shocks like Bilstiens.

Option two would be the use of a full set of Rubicon Express 2" lift springs and fitting them with some Energy suspension bushings.

Either Rancho 5000 shocks for now or Bilstien 5100 series shocks. More then likely Ranchos for now to get it running then upgrade to the 5100s or some King shocks later down the line.

Transfer case drop kit to improve the driveshaft angle especially the rear.

Terralow upgrades to the transfer case in the form of Slip Yoke Eliminator, better low range gearing kit and possibly the 2Low kit if it is still available.

The SYE will also improve rear shaft angle. What may end up happening is getting ahold of another T case and building it outside the jeep with the above upgrades. That way i can still drive it while getting ready for that.

Warn 8274 winch on 5x2" rectangular tubing bumper up front. Second rectangular tubing rear bumper with tire carrier.

Reinstalling stock side steps to use along with the stirup type steps already on it. This will be to make it easier for my wife to climb into the Jeep as it will be pretty much a built in two step ladder.

In terms of interior upgrades:

Tuffy console with stereo enclosure. I will reuse the stock stereo location as a switch panel for lighting instead. The console moves the stereo to a more ideal location to operate it. This same upgrade may be done to the '86 Jimmy as well pretty much for the same reasons.

Possibly upgrading the glove box with a Tuffy locking glove box. This will convert the passenger side of the dash into a CJ style set up.

Drawer/speaker enclosure in place of rear seat. May just do a shallow type sub to keep the box as compact as possible. May just opt for a pair of 6x9s in the box with the amp center mounted as well. Less BOOM over Sound quality this way.
'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)