View Single Post
Old 10-02-2018, 03:34 PM   #13

Irony being what it is. I seen where i mentioned getting a Yj in this thead.. Fast forward to september and what do i end up adding to the collection? A YJ.... Now with that said some revisions to the original plan. Still a fair bit of mods. In fact more overland oriented mods after some conversations with a buddy who has a heavily modded Land Cruiser and an Expo prepped Tundra. He pointed out i would be best off for the type of overlanding i plan on doing i am best off sticking to this Jeep and running my '86 Jimmy as a secondary overlander.

So with that said.... Here is the revised planned mod list

Rough Country 2" Suspension lift (instead of RRO)
RRO Stage 2 bumper kit with hidden winch
Alternator from Jeep patriot with Freedom Drive 2 drivetrain (Higher output)
McLeod Fabrication Tow Hook kit
McLeod Fabrication Rear tow point brace kit with Shackle
McLeod Fabrication Dual Pod mounts to install lights near windshield.
ARB surface mount lighter socket in rear cargo area.

Either FD2 metal skid plate or custom bash plate over stock plastic skid.
Inverter in rear cargo area mounted in left rear corner opposite the storage pocket on right side.
Mopar factory fog lights in bumper retrofitted with LED or HID bulbs
Trigger switch system or custom switch box on a Ram Mount pole bolted to the passenger seat.

215/70R16 tires (Still deciding between Nokian Rotiivas or BFG All terrains) This will allow me to keep my spare tire well intact for carrying spare tires.
'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)