Thread: RX3s or Rx4?
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2018, 10:35 AM   #5

If I were in the market for another adventure-style bike, I would definitely go with the RX-4. As it is right now, the Missus and I are working on having a house built, and she has very firmly said no new bikes until we're in the new house. I can't decide if the next one will be a sportbike, or a cruiser. The CSC San Gabriel has some appeal, but I need a bike that can do sustained highway speeds for a couple of hours. As for the OP's question, I would always lean towards the bigger displacement bike. A larger bike can do most things that a smaller bike can do (the catch always being something like a really out of the way single track that's too narrow for anything more than a grain of rice on a piece of string), but the smaller bikes really struggle to do everything the larger bikes do. I had to ride one of my motorcycles back from Vegas a few weeks ago, and I took the DR because the Hawk wouldn't have done the speeds that trip requires. The Hawk is my go-to for around town, but when I have to go anywhere that the speed limit tops 55, I can't use it. Just my two cent's worth, hope it's helpful.

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 - SOLD
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up