View Single Post
Old 09-28-2018, 08:55 AM   #7

Update;

I welded on the receiver plate onto the bottom of the Rhino, there was plenty of frame / plate areas to weld onto. I used the Rhino & plow to push & level off a pile of QP gravel, I worked her very hard and the plate stayed put, so I guess I did a good enough job of welding *pic below is of plow being used with temp come-along to raise the plow while pushing the QP

I installed the $69 Harbor Freight winch with wireless remote to lift the plow. I was very impressed with it for the price. I didn't install the rollers (yet), I don't think I need them, I only plan on using the winch for the plow and don't need it for that.

Bought real nice rear tire chains with an extra "V" griper on each link for around $40 off ebay, they look very aggressive, and I expect they will be a big help with snow plowing.

I bought a smaller front gear & chain and attempted to install it yesterday, but the new chain doesn't work with the stock rear sprocket. I tried using the original chain, but that doesn't work right with the new front gear... I was able to drive it and can easily feel the difference with the smaller gear, exactly what I need, but the chain slips going up a hill due to the chain not being able to seat 100% on the new gear being an off size. Once I get this straightened out I'll be all set for plowing. The job itself was easier than I thought it would be, reminded me of my childhood working on my old bicycles, so it wont be a big deal to do it over again.
Attached Images