View Single Post
Old 09-10-2018, 01:18 PM   #51

I've been riding and that's about it lately. Did have a run in with a lady's bumper a couple weeks back. Been meaning to post but keep forgetting:

Was filtering through traffic and the left hand lane was wide open to the light while the right lane was packed. Putt putting my way up to the light, I should have seen this coming, a lady decides she wants my lane. Bumper meet hip and knee armor. 'Hi, nice to meet you' Craaack! Luckily it was one of those soft flexy bumpers. Maybe it was a lexus, not sure.

I held onto the bike and kind of laid up on her hood, then rolled back down and realized I could keep my balance. Heavy swerve left, then right and I kept going. I guess I really didnt think about it at the time. I split to the front and bailed as soon as I got the green light.

My knee armor really did save my leg from getting squished between the bike and the car. My hip was a tiny sore but all n all I was grateful to Jesus that it wasn't worse. Bike was ok. Nothing at all to remember the incident,...

Lesson is, if you're ever next to a packed lane of cars, and your lane is open, be extra cautious of them wanting your space to zip to the front!