View Single Post
Old 09-07-2018, 02:23 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by imapdog View Post
good question!
it was labeled mikuni vm22. as in my other posts about these, they come with inconsistent pilot jet types and sizes. mine is unique and says made in 'jaFan'(yes with a F). i have modded nearly 10 other chondas using this carb and from the two sellers i get mystery carbs...some of the mikuni vm22's have mikuni pilot jets and some come with Keihin pilot jets....if it comes with a Keihin pilot jet#38 might as well trash it or return it if able. no seller i have asked can tell you whats inside the carb for sure...trial and error basically to get a good one like is on mine...but if you can get one that says jafan that's the one i recommend! all of them i have gotten use the mikuni main jet....i got three different needle brands too...i even tried the genuine vm22 by mikuni and these are for larger fuel lines and can get adapters but it seems to push too much fuel to the 125cc no matter the adjustment i made...
carb spinner with paper gasket and mounting screws all in one kit is needed for this carb change from stock as the new intake places mikuni carb to front and will hit frame if not spun to right.... p.s. i never tried the stock carb, it may be fine not sure....
I'll buy one and see what I end up with. Might even get here before the bike, which would be awesome. I still have the stock carb on my Vader and honestly it does okay. I may or may not try using the stock on the x22.
2002 Yamaha R6 *sold*
Vader 125cc *sold after owning for many years*
1997 Jeep Wrangler *sold due to frame rot*