View Single Post
Old 08-12-2018, 10:13 AM   #4

I had a million people it felt like, telling me i'd lose a ton of power...

Yet, now without changing sprockets or anything else, it steamrolls right through trails that we used to have to constantly stop and push it over fallen tree's or up a bank of the river.

The ground clearance is insane now, and its 5+ inches wider too, so it's handling the trails just as good as the Suzuki King Quad is, the only downside we've had so far is the tires are soooo huge that the plastics do not protect you from mud or water at all, even the smallest puddles will coat you head to toe.

Today i'm adding new a new clutch cable and lever, and new throttle cable and lever, gonna also see how crazy it gets by dropping the front sprocket down to 11 from 15, and i've got a new chain and back sprocket to go along with that.

The nice thing is, even with the new tires on a very steep incline hill i can make a full stop and turn the machine off.. then start it back up and climb still even with my 300lb butt on the bike. So, i figure if i drop the front sprocket and make a few other changes, my low end will get insane even with the big tires.

The only thing i hate about my tao these days, is that it's a manual and none of my family or friends can really ride one on trails. They do perfectly fine around the fields and yard, but the second we start doing rough stuff they stall a lot because they aren't great at really balancing the clutch.

Makes me wish i had gotten the bull sometimes.

Oh another thing, if you get tires this big, be warned.. getting onto the quad is very similar to getting into a pickup truck that doesn't have the nerf bars, it's really high. And you have to get 2" spacers on the back tires.