View Single Post
Old 08-03-2018, 06:59 AM   #13

1 - I am observing the bike for this noise now there are more symptoms of some thing fishy then noise, I can not bring it to neutral if I am at standing still and engine running, it used to get neutral without effort usually.....

2 - also gear shifts are harder then before I thought it was just clutch adjust ment but on checking it was fine and tightening the clutch doest help much.... instead I have to release more clutch to make the bike move..

3 - Bike if put in gear and clutch pressed is impossible to reverse with foot, say you aer parked in a lot and now you want to paddle it reverse on foot and it is start and gear engaged (as if u mistanely put it in gear and now there is no way to bring it to neautral) you cannot reverse it... have to shut it down brint into neautral and the paddle...

4 - The rattle sound becomes loud when engine is super hot .. like 3~4 dots on heat gauge.

please dont tell me I need a new basket???

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
I just had both the RX3's out this weekend and both make more noise in neutral with the clutch out. I've not thought much about it. Most have my bikes have made this noise.

That said, you have far more and rougher miles on yours than we do. Did the noise just start or quickly get worse? I know Spud had the big crank nut fling off after a lot of miles.
CSC had it in the tutorials I believe but I can't locate it now.

- Adventure Touring# RX3 - 2017
- Dirt Machine# FSE-450 - 2022
- Classic# Honda CD175 - 1977
- Daily Runner# 1992 - CG125 (engine swap CB250 Sleeper)
- Project#1 : 1995 - Honda C70 w/ 180cc engine swap