View Single Post
Old 07-14-2018, 08:08 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by S00100100S View Post
So, I've had the Apollo AGB36/RX/Whateveryouwanttocallit for about a year and have been dicking around with the rear suspension forever and as most of you know you cannot adjust the forks, so I would like to know if anyone can recommend components that they've used/ will work with this bike (in terms of suspension of course).
I have worked on the forks quite a bit. I changed the oil and oil levels several times. I also added some washers as a shim at the top. I weigh 190 lbs. I settled on 5W fork oil set at 250 ml. The forks are 100% better than stock to me. I really took my time getting the oil level like I wanted. I knew nothing about forks before I started. I learned that oil level makes a huge difference in performance. I filled them to 180ml. Then added 10ml at a time until I hit the magic 250ml mark. You have to raise the bike and loosen the top triple clamp and take the top plug out of the forks each time to add oil. Time consuming but only way to get it like you want. Now it is smooth and no harsh bottoming.

The rear shock is a piece of crap. Nothing I have done makes one bit of difference. I finally took the spring off to get some measurements for a new spring. I found that the shock would not rebound. I would compress slowly as you would expect. The rebound would require me to put the shock in a vice and pull with everything I had to even get it to move. I have posted on here several times about the shock but have not got a response. I bought a shock for another china bike.
http://www.e-bikecanada.com/full-cat...0009-pbc1312gp
I tried to get it to fit but it is just way too long. I bought a Honda crf250 shock that a couple of people on here have shoe horned on but it was exactly like the china shock. I was just not comfortable with the way it was hitting the bottom of the linkage and the frame. This is where I am now. Out $300 in shocks and still can't ride. Not sure what to do. Don't want to buy a stock shock. Scared it will be messed up like the original. https://www.ebay.com/itm/10-435mm-Ad...b90b%7Ciid%3A1
I found this one on ebay. 15 mm longer than stock and looks like it may have more adjustments. Hate to put more money in it and it not work though.