View Single Post
Old 04-12-2008, 08:48 AM   #9

idcountryboy1
Can you post a picture of you chain and sprockets.

you will have to do just like everyone else has to do, you will need to find then contact a dealer that stocks your parts and buy them.
You will need some tools like a simple pair of pliers to slip the master link clip on, sockets and wrenches.
Some sockets to remove the chain cover on the engine to get to the counter sprocket to replace it.
And now for the real tough one the rear sprocket, you will need to put the bike up on a secure stand and remove the rear wheel to be able to remove the rear sprocket.

I'd start with the rear tire and get that set then go to the front counter sprocket and get that set then I'd slide the tire all the way to the front of the adjuster slots on the swingarm and put the new chain on and cut it to length.(make sure you have the right amount of free play-CRITICAL)
Oh I forget to mention you will most likely have to cut the chain to the correct length.

So yes tools (and time) will be needed and all this could have been put off for a very long time with just a can of chain lube and regular maintenance.

I like toast, french toast.
kelly5150

I mostly use "wishful thinking" and when that fails I use my "magic chant of cuss words" which is the only tool I always seem to find in my tool box.