View Single Post
Old 07-08-2018, 06:11 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaifune View Post
2016 Apollo 250 trail bike. I've put enough time on it to receive three strongly worded letters from my backside.

So, softening the rear suspension? Ideas? Is there something I can adjust? Air pressure in the shock, or changing springs? Spinning a dial or whirling a gig? Also, I'd like to take about an inch out of the height, but I'm afraid it'll make the stiffness worse. Confirm?

Thanks for the time.
Got some bad news on the stock shock. I am by no means a shock expert. When I took my spring off to get some measurements, I think the shock part is broke. Compressing has resistance. Rebound is almost impossible. I had to put it in a vice and pull with everything I had. This cannot be the way shocks work.

I was going to get measurements to get a softer spring on order but now I need the shock too. I have looked everywhere trying to find an after-market bolt on. Nothing shows up. I am scared to buy a stock shock. They may have made them all bad. Enough people on here have complained of the rear shock to make me think the shock manufacturer is crap.

Anyone have a suggestion?