View Single Post
Old 07-06-2018, 07:35 AM   #5

To Zx250r : I'm in Panama City Beach ,so I'm 3 hours or so from Jax .I am planning to make the Grom Day "next" time tho, so i 'll be there in 2019 ,unless there is another big Grom Event in JAX before then . As far as rearsets I'm looking at these :

https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Honda-G...19.m1438.l2649

Hey Chinabike ! My Vader won't ship to me til July 15th, that list is all the parts I ordered while I wait for it to get here so I got this huge pile of parts here ,but nothing to put them on yet lmao! I will be posting pix of it when it gets here tho, and after I get all this stuff on it. But, my riding buddy who has a Vader runs those handlebars and they look fine , they are only like 23 dollars and the Pro Taper Mids were like 65 even on Ebay so I figured if i run 23 dollar bars with the same basic dimensions as the 65 dollar Pro Tapers ,that leaves me 40 bucks i can use to order stuff i need., those bars are knurled both where they fit in the clamp as well as on both ends where your grips go ,so your grips won't slide off ,which is amazing for a set of 23 dollar bars ,they already came in and I think they will be fine. Besides that they come in a range of Anodized colors and the Pro Tapers only come in black ,and well to be honest I am an attention hound and I wanted the Blue to match all the other Blue Anodized aluminum bits I ordered so it looks flashy haha!!
We have a good bit of Grom and Grom clones here in PCB and how I'm building mine and the parts I'm using are from looking at and talking to the Owners of a lot of em and combining what looked best to me for the look I want and preparing it to learn to stunt on, I can wheelie my 2004 Sportster but a Vader will be so much easier and a lot less expensive or dangerous when ya drop it !