View Single Post
Old 07-05-2018, 12:35 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCrowRides View Post
Not trying to rain negativity down on the parade here but unless you are only expecting to experience occasional short bursts of hiway / freeway use then you probably shouldn't be too concerned about that capability ,not enough to be a deal breaker anyways, I just don't think there is a 250 anywhere of any kind that will reliably run 70+ mph freeway speeds every day or for long periods and last long ,I've ridden a Honda Rebel in that scenario and while it was doable it was butthole clinchingly nerve racking struggling to run with the traffic. At the end of the day it's a 250 and that is never going to be its strong point, there are many machines 2 and 3 times that displacement that would struggle under prolonged hiway use .

There are quite a few 250s that will run the interstates at 70+ all day long. There's not many dual sport/enduros that will do it. The main ones is the Yamaha WR250 and the Kawasaki KLX250. There are others but those are the ones I see posted about the most. Both are available as road legal and dirt bike only models.