View Single Post
Old 04-11-2008, 10:35 PM   #7

Not sure exactly about picking up the bike yourself, just make sure you have a recall clearance letter and that a computer printed off-road use label is on at least the gas tank, and sorry I forgot to mention the title has to travel with the bike so it has to be prepared for you when you pick-up the bike, this information regarding the export must be submitted to U.S. Customs 72 hours before leaving the country, so the info must be faxed to the port of crossing, make sure they give you the go ahead, call them. At the Canadian border they will be checking the title, bill of sale, this also must be submitted and you have to have it at the border, and they will look for the off-road label as well as the VIN#, I think it usually takes about an hour, depending on the location, they will then issue you a form 1... I had mine done in Oshawa where it is a bit faster because there are fewer vehicles crossing, again make sure you notify Canada Border at port of entry, to speed things up......good news the first Canadian Tire inspection is free, they will be looking for that off-road label, so dont remove it, and that all lights and retroreflective devices meet standard 108, for a restricted use motorcycle, I believe it only requires reflectors!.. if you pass you dont have to pay for a second, it is a tricky situation this importing but like with anything there are risks!!

Good Luck!