View Single Post
Old 06-29-2018, 10:12 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
Comfort is very subjective. I, like you, find the stock CRF seating to be like sitting on a barely cushioned 2x4. My Hawk is like sitting on an over soft cushioned and poorly shaped 2x6.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcwhorter-enforcer View Post
Wasn't really impressed with the comfort at first but now the seat has broke in a little. Not sure if it is the seat or suspension but I dont seem to have back pain anymore after riding.
Megadan--yes, it reminded me of a board; I understood if it was the racing model, but it was the street version!

Mcwhorter--my guess is Honda will sell you a shiny new, comfortable aftermarket seat for $XXX dollars if you wanted one. Then again, sitting on one at a dealership vs. owning one, I would never have considered a seat to get worn in, and would have probably taken Megadan's suggestion and ordered a genuine Honda aftermarket seat, but I do find it a little annoying that they charge nearly $5k for a street bike with such discomfort. Obviously, the rest of the bike is top-notch, but a seat is a first impression!

In spite of the seat, I am still eyeballing the 'adventure' version of the CRF250L...

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard