View Single Post
Old 06-29-2018, 08:42 AM   #51

Ah, my bad, I totally didn't notice you are in Cali ,and it says it right there in your location., yeah AFAIK Hawks are not road legal in CA., which is a pity because you mentioned taking roads thru the mountains, and i figured a dual sport would unlock the other half of the terrain for you .
That said I love cafe bikes and not everyone wants to get off the street to trail ride and are perfectly happy on asphalt only and there is nothing wrong with that .
Maybe look at the ZS190 swap for your bike, it is about a grand after you buy the engine and a new exhaust but it will certainly make a Vader strong enough to do hiway and greatly up the torque and its a straight bolt in.

The only issue is you'd still have a Vader sized bike and not a full size one and if that is part of why you want to upgrade then i get that ,I like the small size of the Vaders

,my other bike is a Sportster 1200 and while not "heavy" compared to other Harleys, it's not something you go play on like a Vader either lol.
Anyways best of luck to you and keep us posted as to what you do and how it turns out !