Thread: New CSC TT250
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2018, 02:58 PM   #20

Rear Sprocket

Thanks for the tips 2LZ. I wouldn't have believed how much heat it took to get those bolts out if you hadn't mentioned it. I bought both the 47 tooth from CSC and the 45 on Amazon, mostly to get the new bolts and spacers. I should have measured them but the are definitely at least 5mm longer, maybe a bit more. My guess is that they are 10mm longer so with the approx. 5mm for the two spacers it seems like there is another 5mm or so of threads with the new bolts. That's fine with me.

Using a tap to clean up the threads, on mine at least, showed that the threads were not smooth near the bottom. It was definitely more than just dried thread locker, that's for sure as I had to work the tap a bit to get it to the bottom. The tap, some oil, followed by brake cleaner fixed that.

The 45 tooth is great for the street, which is probably about all mine will ever see. The stock chain was okay in length without shortening it, so I will replace it with the Unibear next time I feel like messing with it.

Now to change the fork oil to something better than that fish oil and maybe I can get the suspension under control. I only just passed the 100 mile mark so I want to break it in further before changing the exhaust to something that works and sounds like a motorcycle instead of a lawn mower...