Thread: New CSC TT250
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2018, 08:57 PM   #15

Seat Improvement

Flat Seat Update:

I still feel like the seat is higher than necessary for a bike with 6" travel, but at least I was able to get rid of that maddening hump. Not sure if that is supposed to be for the never-gonna-happen passenger, especially since I removed their footpegs, but I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to do. Several things to note:
  1. The "turkey carver" electric knife works great on this seat foam
  2. DO NOT buy the current Harbor Freight "wide crown" stapler. It is being discontinued and they don't seem to be restocking the 7/16" wide staples any longer
  3. I was happy to pay $32 at Home Depot for an Arrow Pneumatic stapler vs. the being discontinued $25 HF one
  4. The Arrow takes regular T50 staples, which I have used forever in an electric one, so they will be available.
  5. The stock seat cover is really thin but stretchable and the seat looks like it is stock, just no more hump!
  6. The 1/4" long staples worked fine for the seat cover but I used 5/16" for the corners and the lacing

The Tuff Tube front tube is great; now to just get the rear (arriving Tuesday) and install the new sprocket. I checked on the prices and it was a better deal to get the CSC 47 rear with the new spacers and bolts so I can choose between that and the other JT 45 tooth I ordered on Amazon. I can use the CSC supplied $27 sprocket, bolts and spacers vs. paying about $15 for just bolts and spacers at the hardware store. I also figured it was cheaper to pay the $8.50 freight vs. about 3 gallons of gas in the truck to go pick it up lol.