Thread: New CSC TT250
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2018, 08:33 PM   #6

Well I had an experience that was kind of disappointing yesterday. I needed to go into my office, a little over 20 miles, and no freeways needed, so I thought it would be a chance to put a few miles on the bike. I made it to the office fine, varying the speed in mind of the new motor, and was on my way back when I got a flat front tire. I did not take Megdan's advice to replace the tubes 'cause hey this is CSC/Zongshen TT250, right? Well I would have been better off to take his advice.

The real bummer was waiting nearly 3 hours for the AAA to get there for the trailer ride home, and nowhere to take a leak!

Some other things became apparent:
  1. Always replace the stock tubes
  2. Make sure your cell phone has a good charge - mine was at 30% and I was sweating it out for a bit
  3. Have a USB charging port on the bike for the phone. I had a full battery charge and a functional engine but no way to get the two tied together.

Well lessons learned. The front tube clearly was pinched or folded over from the factory. I have two Tube Tuff Tubes on the way and should back riding by the weekend.