View Single Post
Old 04-10-2008, 02:46 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
My opinion would be it would be best to make the home page of the site the forum, and have links in the custom page header to the home page (forum), gallery, swag, and frappr.
first off i love the site.

i will admit, thinking back, the first time i was here i thought it sucked.

partly because of the logo but mainly because i found it difficult to navigate. just being totally honest.

but then culcune pointed me to a link here and i decided to join. now that i am here and have posted a few posts, the ease of posting and just setting up my acct was incredible. for instance at adv rider i had to search the web to find out what kinda bike steve mqueen rode in some movie. i watched the movie but the only way you would know the answer to the question is to find someone with the answer.

no forum i have used, thumper talk (talk about an annoying layout), adv rider or supermotojunkie (but i do like those sites too) have the ease of use this one does. my opinion now but not originally.

although the logo has grown on me, remembering my first impression compelled me to reply. i honestly like the china style letters. maybe you could add something like "1 million hits a month" underneath china riders in smaller letters so that it does not appear to be a site that is out of date. not for us people who are addicted to the site now but to carls point to attract new users as they will be inclined to dig a little deeper.

i honestly had NO idea that this site had that many hits. amazing.

the colors and simplicity of use are very attractive.

put the search tab on the home page. again something that would have helped me when i first clicked on the site.

and on a side note. make some smaller stickers. i cant put a bumper sticker on my motorcycle. no bumper! lol. i am grateful to have a site like this to talk about my new chinese sumo without negativity from haters.

thank you frostbite for your initiative to put this together for us.