View Single Post
Old 06-07-2018, 12:08 AM   #1

Hellcat vibration issue

Just got a Hellcat yesterday after riding around on an Icebear Lil Monster. I haven't had any major issues with the Icebear, apart from needing to replace the engine mount bolts, but it seems like the Hellcat has a few problems going on.

The major issue is both vibration and what I can best describe as a harsh clicking sound around 40mph (clunk clunk clunk type, not a tick like you would hear when listening to lifters. More like the wheel/chain is oblong). I took a look at the rear axle and had the dealer do some minor repairs to the seal over the bearing - but I'm still getting the issue. Deceleration you can hear it too, but it quickly fades (like I said, it seems to only occur around 40 mph)

As far as the vibration, seems like if I get anywhere above 6-7k, it starts to vibrate to kind of a 'whum whum whum whum' type of sound. I've seen suggestions about putting rubber grommets or washers from Home Depot between the plastics and the frame - but is there something more I should look at, like some sort of bushing on the main engine mount bolts?

I've done the normal upgrades to the Icebear and haven't had any of these issues at all, even when upwards of 55-60mph. In fact, I almost prefer it at that speed, since it travels pretty smoothly. I'd hate to get the mods done on the Hellcat if I run into this problem at that speed.

Also, any suggestions for axle/brake/caliper upgrades or replacements?