View Single Post
Old 05-22-2018, 04:29 PM   #139

Wow, fun thread! Good to see several bikes with lots of miles and few major issues.

8800 miles on my 2015 (I think, off the first container way back when), caught up in wind turbulence from speeding semi truck at 770 miles and totaled with lots of minor dings. Nothing serious because I landed on my hard head at 65 mph on concrete (5 days in coma) and the bike landed on me. Worst damage was smashed windshield, mirrors, and plastic corners off top box (bike apparently landed downside up), one side box lid ripped off, but lots of little dings, scratches, and dents everywhere. My son fired the bike up at the wreckers and rode it up into the truck for the ride home. Tough bike.

Anywho, didn't ride anything for about a year (healing, about 30 bones crushed and/or broken plus dain bramage), then ordered parts and at least made the RX3 streetable and it's all I've ridden since.

Jerky brakes so work done since wreck: new battery after first year (did not put on charger after wreck), new rear tire, new brakes and 19-inch front, tossed the windshield and modified flat face shield to fit, installed hand guards and a few other accessories, went to rectangular mirrors with spots, modified headlights, added lots of tail/brake/turn lights.

Acted like water in fuel near end of last ride, no time to clean tank before returning to work a few weeks ago, not been home since. Hope it still runs.