Thread: Hello from NJ
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2018, 06:39 PM   #6

I read else ware about the KTM bad warranty situation. This other guy says since their core business was motocross bikes which get the tar beat our of them and basically have very little warranty, KTM thought they'd get away with the same thing with the road bikes. I also like the Aprilia Shiver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
Welcome! I think you will like that little Benelli. From everything I have read about it, they are pretty good alternatives to the Grom. The Lifan KP Mini would always be my choice, but the Benelli is a close second.
If you own a KTM, it's always a good idea to have a second bike to ride while the KTM is in the shop being repaired, usually not under warranty because KTM basically only covers the engine/trans and frame with their warranty. My friend has put more miles on his secondary bike than his 2016 KTM 690 in the last 2 years he has owned it. Already had the cylinder head done under warranty, then his ignition system shit out, fuel pump died, engine ECU failed, his gauge cluster started to fail (not covered under warranty). All within the 2 years since he bought it new. The real issue to a lot of this isn't just the parts cost for things not covered under warranty, which is outrageous, but that most of the time they have to be ordered in and thus the bike sits for weeks at a time in some cases.

Sure, his may have been a total lemon, but some of these issues he had are also fairly common.

They are amazing bikes when they work though, and do have lots of good hardware on them.