View Single Post
Old 05-20-2018, 05:20 AM   #18

Funny you mention the XT250 - I happen to be an owner of one with 38K miles on it - about the most miles of any XT250 on the major forums at present. My XT is my absolute favorite DS machine and leads a 200 person DS group - Northeast Dualsport Riders (NDR). Bike is bomb proof but engine is getting windy at 38K miles of beating. Time for new top end - will happen at end of this season once I've gotten through the NDR ride schedule for the year. Thinking of a big bore kit - we'll see what happens but I will never give up that machine - it will be with me until I'm on 'the other side of the dirt'.

If you look up XT250 Review on YouTube, you'll see me doing a 24K and 33K mile review on the machine. Getting close to 100K hits on one of those videos now.

The G310gs will most likely be my RX3 ADV replacement. I'll set it up for long distance multi-day touring and pop a Rally Raid kit on it to make it truly dirt worthy with spoked rims, suspension & exhaust upgrade, bash plate, travel lighting and all the other usual farkles.
IBA#65836

2005 BMW F650gs
2008 Yamaha XT250
2013 Yamaha XT250
2009 Suzuki Gladius