Thread: Rx3s
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2018, 08:17 PM   #59

[Goshawk;279224] I looked at a like new, 2007 DR650 with 1500 miles on it. Currently on Craigs List for $2800, but the only way I can mount it is by using the LH footpeg. It did not augur well for an off road get-off.[/QUOTE]

Goshawk, FYI, I just picked up a 06 DR650 to replace my Honda NC700x with. I'm 5'6" with probably a 26" inseam. I lowered the DR by running the forks up till they almost hit the handle bars, I Did not take forks apart and do it the "right" way like the factory suggests. Used the lowering rear shock mount hole, then installed Soupy's performance lowering links and I can sit on it with both balls of my feet hitting the ground. If I install the Corbin seat it will lower it a little more. I know that this is way low for most humans who need the suspension . I'm 61yo and mainly ride pavement and forest road so being able to touch the ground with both feet is way more important then trying to ride like I'm in the Dakar all the time, flying through the air. Bike seems to handle just fine up to 80-90mph so far which I don't hardly do unless passing cars. Have yet to see if tires will grind on the fender insides yet. It's even lower then my "lowered" RX3. FYI rj
Name:  20180504_125331.jpg
Views: 362
Size:  96.6 KB