Thread: Rx3s
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2018, 10:47 PM   #48

[QUOTE=MalcolmReynolds;279034] But look at a bike like a KLR and it carries a lot of it's weight up top and combined with a 6.1 gallon fuel tank riding up top I understand it is a real pig to pick up if you drop it.

That is why I sold my KLR. I was installing a new front tyre and had the bike propped up at the front with a jack(It had a centre stand) while I took the wheel/tyre to be balanced. Unfortunately something came up and I couldn't get to the dealership for a few days. The jack slowly dropped, the bike went down and luckily fell on some lumber sat next to it, saved by the crash bars. I however could not pick the bike up from the awkward position it had fallen in. I tried all the known methods, back to it etc. I was just not strong enough to lift it. That was the epiphany; What would happen if I was in the boonies somewhere and it fell on an adverse camber hill? With all the gear on, it had become just too heavy for me and I sold it. Apart from my Honda CX500 it was also the most top heavy bike I have ridden.