View Single Post
Old 05-02-2018, 09:22 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
If it interests you to learn the slow jet size, you can use a hillbilly method that will get you in the ballpark. If you buy a numbered drill bit index that ranges from 61-80 (generally in the $4.00 range, including shipping from China), you can find the bit that matches your slow jet and then measure the bit with a vernier caliper. Don't trust the size marking on the index; you have to actually measure it to know for sure.
A Metric measurement will be equivalent to a Mikuni jet (eg. #38 = 0.38mm). Once you know that number, you can cross-reference to a Keihin chart.

The index will come with a pin vise, which allows you to chuck the bit and drill a jet. I've drilled several slow jets that way with good results. Here's one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/17pc-Fine-T...UAAOSwR2RaJ9~m
I thought about doing that. I used to race go karts and had to drill all my own jets back-in-the-day. There is an art to doing it correct. Thanks for that link! I am going to get that set. I have lost some of mine through the years.