View Single Post
Old 05-02-2018, 11:04 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Its_not_a_honda View Post
The pilot jet was made different so I didn't change it. I could not tell what it was either. If there was a mark on it, I could not see it.
If it interests you to learn the slow jet size, you can use a hillbilly method that will get you in the ballpark. If you buy a numbered drill bit index that ranges from 61-80 (generally in the $4.00 range, including shipping from China), you can find the bit that matches your slow jet and then measure the bit with a vernier caliper. Don't trust the size marking on the index; you have to actually measure it to know for sure.
A Metric measurement will be equivalent to a Mikuni jet (eg. #38 = 0.38mm). Once you know that number, you can cross-reference to a Keihin chart.

The index will come with a pin vise, which allows you to chuck the bit and drill a jet. I've drilled several slow jets that way with good results. Here's one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/17pc-Fine-T...UAAOSwR2RaJ9~m

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer