View Single Post
Old 04-30-2018, 05:12 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglass View Post
Great to hear, I found the kit. How did you jet the carb, and what are your settings? What is your altitude?

Where did you get the plastic gas tank? Could you provide a link?

I installed the Mikuni in my bike, and it was a night and day differnence. I had very similar issues that you experieced with the stock carb. Really glad to hear it worked out. That's awesome!
I have read about the Mikuni. I might get one just to compare.

Only thing I did to the carb was put a 115 main in and raise the needle one notch. Set the cable so the pump worked just after the slide started up. 1 3/4 on mix screw. I live near Charlotte NC. Not sure of altitude but I am sure not too high. lol

http://store.orionmotors.nl//index.p...sort=2a&page=5

Link to gas tank and lots more. 12 tooth sproket, tank, gas cap, and passenger pegs.
Just select the RX250. It is the water cooled version in their country but most of the parts interchange. They were pretty fast with shipping. I think they are Dutch and for some reason the shipping didn't calculate right. I had to send more $$. But it was still very reasonable. They have everything to put original lights and controls if anyone is interested.

I had a slight problem getting the tank to sit right. I had to re-drill the mounting bracket hole down and over to get it lined up. Took me longer to find my drill and 1/4" bit than to do the mod. Looks great and all the original plastic lined up perfect.