View Single Post
Old 04-28-2018, 04:17 PM   #7

adjustable shock

I am hoping to lower mine. What specific shock did you get and a good height? I am planning to change mine . also ordered the tt250 seat.
Thanks.
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thadividedsky View Post
Hi everyone, Red Beard here and new owner of a used Hawk 250. Bought a 2016 Hawk 250 off someone today and have some things I need to do like lower it since I'm short and replace the battery. I purchased a new battery for $29 (yay for rewards points), a new rear adjustable shock that's 280MM so I can lower it and I am considering either shaving the seat foam to make the seat thinner or buying a new seat. Bike does run but it needs a lot of kick starts to get running because the battery is pretty much done, the seller added red LED strip lighting to the inside of the front plastic panels, after market exhaust, digital cluster, a red chain guard and an RK o-ring chain. I'm super excited about spring arriving so I can take it out and have some fun. Does anyone know any other ways to lower the bike or make it easier for a 5 foot 5 guy like myself to ride? I know the factory seat height is 35 inches, I'm hoping to bring it down 2-3 inches so that I will be comfortable while stopped at a light or taking a rest on the trails. for the wealth of knowledge this forum offers.