View Single Post
Old 04-26-2018, 07:42 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty View Post
Please Forgive this inquery, Most of us have at least once had the Choke in the Wrong position. This happened to my this week! So is the lever all the way down? Is it functioning correctly?

Best, Lefty

2015 Hawk 250
2006 883 Sportster
1972 Honda CT70
Lost along the way;
1982 GS1100L
1983 Honda 185s 2ea.
1974 Puch 175mx
Right Arm
Yes, choke is functioning correctly, and down while riding. There was also an O-Ring at fuel sensor on bottom of gas tank that leaked, but has been replaced. I thought maybe a piece of that ended up clogging the petcock. A few days ago, I took off the petcock and ran carb cleaner through it, and the flow seems good. I had worked on a moped with a bad gas cap vent, so I ran without that cap on; but still no improvement.

I can't say there's no 'audible' sound when going WoT, I can hear the engine noise 'get deeper' between half and WoT, but no noticeable improvement in power. Makes sense that the sound would be air getting sucked without more fuel.

I'll pick up an O-Ring kit on way home and swap those out from carb and intake. The rings from factory on carb>intake and in the bowl seem to be stretched/tad too big.

Come on USPS, here's to the new carb/exhaust!