Thread: Hawk 250 DLX
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2018, 01:21 PM   #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
I see it as false advertisement. Looks like a regular Hawk to me in the pictures. I would request actual pictures of these upgrades.

UPGRADES ALL OVER THIS ONE, HENCE THE DLX (deluxe) NAME!! Heavy Duty, reinforced fame, aluminum triple tree/forks, aluminum handlebars, aluminum footpegs, enhanced engine for more power on the low end, Hi-Flow exhaust and piping!!

I see no evidence of these upgrades in the pictures. The Hawk cmes with steel handle bars, steel foot pegs and a plugged up exhaust. Now if they actually do have these upgrades it would be a great price. The Hawk is capable of 75mph but not in stock form. It will take some fine tuning and mods.
I have called 4 sellers today and all of them over the phone sound like they have no idea what they are talking about and talk down to you like you know even less.

No you don't want that, this is better, etc, etc.

Who is a reasonable dealer that knows what they are selling and doesn't assume I know nothing and they have to steer me to what they are selling.

I had a price from an SSR dealer on a 250 for $4980!

Yamaha shop 60 miles from my place is selling 2018 XT250's for $3999.

I just want a decent little putt put to play with, geez

The Hawk and Bashan bikes are more what I am looking for, they seem to know nothing except what the paper says, and they seem to be all about selling but really don't know their product.

Last edited by wrastu; 04-24-2018 at 01:23 PM. Reason: more