View Single Post
Old 01-31-2007, 12:02 PM   #5

My take on California; it bows to special interests and/or special business interests. I lived there when Gray Davis was governor, and he was notable for taking contributions from special interests.

I don't think that these bikes are any more or less polluting than any other bikes, and in fact, as California allows bikes to split lanes through virtually stopped freeway traffic, a moving bike is probably emitting less pollutants than a full-size SUV (which seem to be prevelant) in stop and go "rush" hour traffic.

However, the U.S. branches of the major Japanese bike companies are headquartered in California--all 4 if I am not mistaken--I know that Honda is for sure.

If Honda and the others petitions to put on hold the Lifan 49-state DOT certified enduros for California, then that is that. They (C.A.R.B.) will do just that--under the guise of testing to the nth degree. It's simple economics, not cleaner air as the Cal. C.A.R.B tries to present it as. In Cali, if you appeal to the more liberal minded, then it becomes a done deal--look at how firearms have been virtually eliminated there. American Lifan should have set itself up in California, and I am sure that their bike would be 50 states-legal by now.

However, until someone appeals the case to the Republican governator, as a business deal under the guise of low-income people having transportation (appealing to the liberal-minded and the conservative, business minded--see where I am going with this) you will be stuck with no Chinese enduros for the near future. Liverchip, the future of steet-legal Chinese enduros in California lies with you. Use the force wisely!!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard