View Single Post
Old 04-23-2018, 12:03 AM   #2

Nick, I still have the stock knobbies on my Hawk. The rear is down to about half tread, and the front is barely showing any signs of wear at all. I have a touch over 2,000 miles on my Hawk. I can tell you that the Shinko's will be a big improvement as far as life goes, but I can't speak to the handling characteristics for the 244's on the Hawk at all. I have a set of 705's on my DR-650, and I really like them. They're tons more manageable on the highway, and still scrappy enough to get me off the beaten path at least a little bit. If you're in a "money's no object" situation, I would say two things: 1st, Congratulations, it must be nice. 2nd, go ahead and replace them. I personally am wearing out my stock tires before I go through the hassle of mounting up a new set of tires. Since I primarily use my Hawk on the street for around town errands, the knobbies aren't going to last very long at all. Hope this helps.

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 - SOLD
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up