View Single Post
Old 04-17-2018, 07:48 PM   #39

I completely understand what Peace is stating. Look at all the crap some of these dealers put members through, including APSC. Some of these guys got baited and switched and/or waiting forever on the MSO. The Brozz has a cult following, and Peace wants to keep the market going with a quality bike. Hence the $2k MSRP. You know you will be getting a Brozz is the payoff, vs. a Hawk, Storm, Enforcer, etc. Not that those are not good bikes for less $, but it seems that with the bait and switch, more and more people will be sent a Hawk whether they want one or not from some of these dealers.

The price game is another negative for some distributors. What I mean by that is like what 2LZ mentioned as well as dumping overall. It dilutes the value of bikes trying to establish themselves. Back to the Hawk; that is a great bike for the money, and there are plenty of them, but some brands like Bashan are trying to establish themselves through distributors like Peace; Bashan already sends their Storm and Enforcer through another distributor who contribute to the 'dumping' so I kind of wish that Peace could carry all of them rather than just the Brozz (the Shark, a great companion to the Brozz is no longer available) which would help out Bashan to establish themselves at a slightly 'higher' level of bike than the Hawk which has its appeal as a bare-bones kit bike that everyone knows needs some improvements out of the box.

I hope I don't offend Hawk owners, but you guys know you have a fantastic bike for the money which needs a few things; part of the appeal, and actually a bike I was considering when I lived in Arizona, but thanks to the catch-22 of low pay, even a sub-$1500 bike was a 'luxury' and now that I moved to the restrictive state of California (unless I was undocumented, then I would be more equal than equal with very few restrictions), all these bikes are a moot point, LOL

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard