Thread: Rpoc
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2018, 07:35 PM   #5

Finally, finally, finally, got the FD back together. The gear lash is dead on and it spins oh so nice. Should have had it back on the bike, too, but I did one of those old people things and decided to swap out the u-joint while I had the FD on the ground. Idiot.

I thought the front axle u-joint I did on the Jeep was a PITA. That was nothing compared to this little SOB. Three hours to swap out a u-joint that will fit in my shirt pocket. It was the original unit, so it was really stuck in there. Had to break all the caps to get it out. A punch flew out of my greasy hand and smacked the DeSoto. Nice paint chip there. Dropped one of the new caps and that rolled under the very middle of the DeSoto, jelly side down. Finally got the booger together only to find I oriented the cross wrong when I went to grease it. Had to do it a second time.

Knocked over a spray can of 1st Ayd Penetrating Gel Lube, snapping off the nozzle and it sprayed all over me and my bench. Broke the nozzle off an ether can, too. At least that didn't spray, but it would have probably washed off the gel lube.

Many, many, four letter were said today.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Last edited by cheesy; 04-15-2018 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Punctuation.