View Single Post
Old 04-06-2018, 12:41 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
Our Pastor had a 50cc scooter that he laid down while making a left at an intersection, after which it would not start. I took it home and spent an entire afternoon on it, looking for anything that could have been compromised by an impact. I tested all of the usual suspects, like the kickstand switch, CDI, coil, reg/rec, etc. It turned out to be that the exhaust valve was too tight, and it chose that moment to present itself.
Thanks for the story. I have been trying to get my bike ready to get inspected so I can finally register it and I am just frustrated. I can look at it now as all of this is teaching me so much about maintaining a bike. I have zero experience in this as this is my first bike. So I am grateful for all who help me out and the lessons I am learning from this. I tried to start motorcycling a few years ago and I crashed a SV650 on a test ride weeks after my MSF course. I was completely in over my head. I have been looking to get back into riding but I was apprehensive and finally decided that I must start slow and steady and get good at riding on this 250 but it also comes with learning a lot of the mechanical aspects.