View Single Post
Old 04-05-2018, 08:29 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
Well, short of taking the motor apart, all we can do is speculate. If I had to hazard a guess, then I would say that it sounds like second gear took a crap on you. Drain the oil and see if you find any chunks of metal debris coming out with it. If so, then the next best thing to do would be to tear into the engine.

Is it worth doing so? That depends on you. The parts for these engines are not very expensive, A gasket kit is around 10 bucks. The gears can be purchased individually from CSC ala the TT250. The Mainshaft gear for second is $3.95, and the Counter shaft gear is $5.50. So, even if both gears somehow got destroyed, you are talking $20 and some time.

As far as complication goes, you can't get much simpler and easier. There have been a couple other guys who have recently had to tear into their engines with no previous experience and they managed to get it done.

Even in the worst case scenario and you had to buy all new internals for the transmission, maybe $100, if that.

Hey thanks. i was hoping thats all it would be. But also I get very worried when it comes to the engine guts. Sounds like it could be a pain in the ass but might be an interesting experience and not too expensive. Thanks.