View Single Post
Old 04-03-2018, 11:19 PM   #11

[QUOTE=Chinabike;276390]I got some grom engine bolts (10x110) and (10x130) and they look bigger then the hellcats. I not sure what size the hellcats are. Here a photo of the grom bolts.
So far i only changed the front and rear axles with grom. Maybe someone could should a diagram of what bolts should be replaced on frame if any. or just Locktight.

I'm not sure about the Vader but all the bolts on the Hellcat are crap. Just about every bolt I removed had damaged threads, they are super soft. I'm going to replace the rear shock bolts, the mounting bolts on the calipers, all the cap screws on the triple tree and the handle bar mounts, and probably the rear sprocket too. Besides the crappy bolts, the bike seems to be pretty solid, everything works, but to be perfectly honest, if I had to do it all over again, i think i would have paid another $1500 or so and bought a nice low mileage Honda Grom. I bought this thing mainly to take with me on camping trips, to explore back roads, sometimes way off the beaten path. With a Honda I would have that peace of mind that it will probably never leave me stranded, no matter what I do to the Hellcat I dont think I'll ever have that peace of mind.