View Single Post
Old 03-27-2018, 03:43 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Thanks for sharing! We don't get many Ice Bear anythings around here, ironically, since they are fairly large as far as Chinese manufacturers go. The Fuerza is a unique bike in that they made the stock bike out of a theoretical custom Grom bike that their designer interpreted as such; they banked on their success with their Maddog series of making stock 50/150cc scooters based their interpretation of a custom Ruckus. I give them props for creativity with both your Fuerza's design and the Maddog series of scooters. How many miles do you have, and what, if any, issues that have come up and needed attention? You get extra points for posting photos as a new member!!

As far as the guy out of Vegas with a 190cc bike--is that a Chinese bike? I am guessing he beats the average Grom at their own game!?
All the chinese grom clones (croms?) are pretty much the same. The big difference with the Icebear is that it comes with the "fender delete" and is lowered. It may even be stretched a couple inches. But overall the exact same. Engine mounts and everything are all identical. They may use different engines (125cc) though... like Loncin, Lifan, etc.

Main thing is that all the parts from the grom do swap over. So like swingarms/plastics/suspension/etc will all swap. I'm actually trading a guy my rear suspension for his OEM grom one. With the headlights, you'll need to procure the grom headlight bracket. But I'm probably going to swap to something that uses clamps on the forks. Something like this...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/7-Motorcycl...gAAOSwj9dZywU6

People in the ZS190 facebook group have been using grom kepspeed swingarms. I'm probably going to stick with mine and add a better chain adjuster. It has the OEM grom style one now.

I have about 150 miles. No issues. Mikuni carb went on about 1 mile after I had it. 17T sprocket went on at about 100 miles in. The levers was last weekend.

Coming up is the ZS190, Grom Plastics (so I can paint them metallic red), the headlight above, exhaust for the 190cc, maybe some new handlebars... that's about it.

The guy with the 212cc (zs190cc with 4 valve head and bored/stroked) is using an Icebear Fuerza. He also has 3? other chinese clones? Dude is literally a wealth of knowledge. Unfortunately... he's not near me.