View Single Post
Old 03-18-2018, 10:01 PM   #1

2018 CSC Baja ride!

Hey all!

Just got home to San Jose, Ca from the CSC Baja trip. I wanted to post while the details are still fresh in my mind. I’m sure most of you follow Joe’s blog so I’ll avoid being repetitive and just relay my impressions from the trip and meeting the folks at CSC. My trip began with a run down 101-152-5-210 where I met Joe at the CSC shop. He was friendly and welcoming to all of the folks as they arrived. I was introduced to the owner Steve, Gerry the lead mechanic and several others. We had dinner and a pre-ride briefing. “J” was Joe’s sweeper on this ride to help keep track of riders and, like Joe, is a great guy. This was a real deal tour of Baja and I think it would be very difficult to find two more enthusiastic and supportive leaders for our group. Joe has a passion for history and provided depth and perspective to the areas, churches, etc that we visited. In addition to their contributions to our trip, I genuinely like and respect both of them and hope to see them again soon, as well as the other great people in our group. This trip to Baja was my first into the non-tourist areas and I quickly understood why Joe preferred these destinations. The natural beauty, the kindness and generosity of the locals and the AMAZING food were epic. I highly encourage anyone interested to get an RX3 and go. It wasn’t easy, there are long days of riding, but that is the price you pay to see and do the things we did. Any questions about the trip, let me know. And by the way, my orange 2016 was a blast on and off road. Cheers!
Attached Images