View Single Post
Old 04-05-2008, 07:32 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to Gimpdiggity
Although I do think that the current one looks okay, it does make the site appear to be a bit "amateur."

Now, don't get me wrong...there's absolutely nothing wrong at all with the site being amateur...

But what you have to ask yourself Frost is WHERE you want the site to go. If you're okay leaving it as a small close knit community (which it appears to be from my short time here) then I would say leave it exactly as it is.

However, if you have dreams of the site becoming bigger and more popular, you may want to entertain the idea of putting something different up there.

I personally like the layout of the site...in a strange way I enjoy the "bare bones-ness" of it all. I am a member of a VERY large sportbike community and have been for many years. I love posting there, but to be honest some of the "features" that they have added over the years have seemed to do nothing but clutter the site in my opinion...it's refreshing to come to a site like this that is a bit smaller and a bit more basic. It's actually kinda like the China bikes...not really flashy, fairly basic, but they work if you care to make them work!!!

In closing, keep up the great work Frost. I know personally how difficult it can be to keep up a website. I maintained and paid for an import auto webiste for several years back in about 2000...and it was NOT a very fun thing to do.

Coming Soon-Hi-Bird 250 in Big Bird Yellow!!