View Single Post
Old 03-12-2018, 11:36 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellkitty View Post
Thats the main reason I picked my Hellcat up from the warehouse so that I'd be issued the temp registration on the spot. I was starting to get nervous when after 7 weeks I still havent received my plate. It finally came no issues, and I live in california where they try to make everything difficult.
Motor/motorsport dealers in California have to process the registration to any of their California resident purchasers. Not only does that make it convenient, but my guess is every DMV office would have a different idea on how to...or NOT to register a vehicle bought in a box, such as a cheap scooter, or in your case, your Hellcat. Come to think of it, Colorado is a little more difficult when it comes to registration as evidenced by a few of our Hawk 250 owners, but in Colorado's defense, the Hawk is NOT EPA/DOT certified as an on-highway bike, but is rather certified as an off-road dirtbike, which is why I could see some states, namely Colorado, giving difficult times to Hawk owners, but the Hellcat is even CARB certified in California as an on-road motorcycle, let alone the other 49 states, so Colorado shouldn't have extra hoops to jump through.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard